BioPen operates in the $10 billion rapidly growing Point-of-Care (POC) market, which is a third of the current $29 billion global In-Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) market. Market trends which in recent years, focus on nearer-to-patient testing and decentralization of diagnostics, are now driving rapid growth in POC systems. The increase in POC market growth is strongly influenced by consumers' demand for enhanced testing outside clinical laboratories and FDA requirements for lab quality results.
BioPen is an integrated microfluidic miniature diagnostic device in the shape of a pen that by using innovative microfluidic MEMS technology can perform a complete diagnostic procedure from sampling to results. BioPen contains a disposable cartridge with a
highly-specific assaying system using a fiber-optic tip optimized to detect specific analytes, automatically processes a multi-step reaction in a single operational step.
• BioPen can be used for Immuno-chemistry tests and molecular diagnostics in a variety of medical fields such as Oncology, Endocrinology, Cardiology and Neurology.
etc.) and can utilize different biomarkers, antigens, antibodies and nucleic acids (DNA, RNA).
• Rapid, inexpensive and accurate quantitative point-of-care test.
• Rapid testing and results enable timely treatment.
• No equipment required
• Platform technology applicable for many applications.
• Improved safety of sampling and testing.