Name of Project: Laryngoport
Inventors: Moshe Hain M.D., Otolaryngology Department, Kaplan Medical Center
Yonatan Lahav M.D., Otolaryngology Department, Kaplan Medical Center
Medical Center: Kaplan Medical Center
Field of Invention: Flexible laryngeal microsurgery tools
Technology: New generation of articulating tools enables the development of a platform of flexible microtools for use in non-aggressive laryngeal microsurgery.
Market: The disposable ports have an annual market potential of $250 million and there are also reusable tools to be marketed in kits.
- The flexibility of the laryngoport allows optimal surgical exposure.
- Flexible optics and articulating tools significantly improves physician's field of view.
· Delicate tissue handling reduces the dental trauma and tissue damage produced by conventional rigid surgical tools and reduces time spent on positioning and exposure.
· Distal grasping mechanism stabilizes the tools to eliminate inevitable human tremor during surgery.
- Surgical tools are usually classified as 510K for fast regulatory approval
Patent Status: Patent application pending
Development Status: The concept has been defined and protected by a patent application. Preliminary engineering sketches and drawings have been presented.
Ilanit Hakim , Director of Technology transfer medical devices, 052-3564329
Ramat Hahyal, Tel Aviv, 69710