Name of Project: Simultech
Inventors: Professor Ronnie Tepper, Founder and Manager
Medical Center: Clalit Health Services
Field of Invention: State-of-the-art simulation facility for medical professional development
Technology: Simultech utilizes a propriety training method in order to improve the knowledge and skills of practicing physicians. Each doctor's technical and interpersonal skills are examined through the use of actors and various customized one-on-one simulations. The physicians receive comprehensive feedback on their performance, ensuring that they are up-to-date on technological developments in equipment such as ultra-sound machines, are providing accurate diagnoses, and are providing personalized services based on the needs of each patient. The Simultech institute has developed highly unique and innovative software in order to measure and provide feedback on the performance of each physician. The institute is currently focused on gynecology, but intends to expand to other fields, such as laparoscopic surgery, infant CPR, intubation, and delivery shortly.
Advantages: Simultech presents a very innovative approach to ongoing professional development. Dedicated, IP protected courseware has been developed at the institute aimed at reducing malpractice.
· Provides targeted one-on-one training
· Provides doctors with improved communication skills
· Improves the quality of medical services provided by physicians
· Reduces malpractice risks
· Unique simulation training platform and software modules can be applied in a variety of institutions for training medical professionals around the world
· Modules can be utilized by HMOs, medical equipment manufacturers, medical schools, and other simulation centers
Patent Status: Patent application pending
Development Status: The concept has been defined for obstetrics and gynecology and the facility, has been operational since 2009.